How You Can Help - Volunteering at CSUK
- Around 300 volunteers have worked with CSUK in Cambodia over the last 16 years. The majority of volunteers teach undergraduate management or agriculture students. Lessons are taught in Khmer language with volunteers teaching through a translator. We take a smaller number of non-teaching volunteers in a broad range of roles, including administration, infrastructure development, running extra-curricular activities for students and curriculum development. We are flexible on the length of term but are more interested in volunteers who can stay for longer periods.
- Conditions in Cambodia are peaceful and secure. Living conditions at the university are basic but comfortable. AACF provides all basic living expenses including accommodation on site (no airconditioning), all meals, laundry service, postage costs, and travel allowances where necessary. Volunteers cover their own international travel expenses.
- Privilleges enjoyed by volunteers
Learning the Khmer (Cambodian) language
- Many students are willing to help you learn Khmer. You can arrange a regular time and help them with their English at the same time. There is plenty of opportunity to practise what you have learnt within the CSUK and local community.
- All volunteers who would stay for three months and above enjoy monthly stipend of $50.
- Volunteers accompany students to visit places of interest in the country such as the famous world heritage edifice of Angkor Wat, Genocide Museum, Ratanakiri and others
If you are interested in volunteering at CSUK, please apply online