About CSUK - Overview
- Chea Sim University of Kamchaymear (CSUK) is a government higher education institution administered by the Ministry of Education of the Royal Government of Cambodia.
- CSUK was established as MVU (Maharishi Vedic University) in 1993, changing its name in 2008.
- The main Campus is located in Kamchaymear District, Prey Veng province, 142 Km east of Phnom Penh. Smaller campuses have been established in the towns of Kampong Cham and Prey Veng.
- CSUK's mission has been to provide education to rural youth who would not otherwise have access to university. CSUK seeks to train a new generation of leaders free from the stress, fears and corruption that have been the legacy of Cambodia's recent history.
- Starting in 1992, CSUK (then MVU, built roads, dug wells, and installed power generation, constructed classrooms, laboratories, student and faculty accommodation. CSUK opened in 1993 with students coming from all of Cambodia's 24 provinces.
- In November 2001, CSUK got approval from the government to open a private campus of the university in Prey Veng town, 45km west of the main campus in Kamchai Mear. Since then, another private campus has been opened in Kampong Cham, 80km north of the main campus.
- CSUK's curriculum has been developed by Khmer and foreign specialists to be relevant and adaptable to Cambodia's needs.
- CSUK currently has two Faculties, the Faculty of Management, and the Faculty of Agriculture and Master program for Agriculture and Management.